| It's like a lemon drizzle flan. |
So today I realised that I can't follow the same recipe because I have no scales, so I had to improvise and I think I have found something better. Here is the recipe, for lemon cake.
1/2 a pack of unsalted butter, It was 200 grams.
1 cup of caster sugar
1 cup of flour
3 eggs
The zest of one lemon
for the drizzle
The juice of one lemon
1 cardamon
Caster sugar
It didn't turn out as moist or butter as when I weigh it but actually I prefer it this way.
Method
Cream the butter with the sugar.
Add each egg, yolk by yolk, to the butter and sugar.
Add the flour.
Mix well and add the lemon zest
Put in a cake tin and bake in a preheated oven at 180 for 45 minutes. This is all a rough guess but it usually works.
Bring the cake out and whilst its hot prick the top with a fork, throw some sugar on top and pour the lemon drizzle mixture.
How to make the drizzle:
In a small pan put the juice of one lemon, a handful of caster sugar, the black seeds from a cardamon pod and just bring to the boil till the bubbles are big then remove from the heat. Use a small metal sieve when you put it on the cake to catch the black seeds.
Serve as it is with a cup of tea or coffee.
We eat sweet things in the afternoon.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment